SPECIAL CHICKEN SATAY PEANUT SAUCE
Making chicken satay with spicy peanut sauce combination is quite exciting. Chicken satay well-liked by people all over the world because it is very tasty. To make chicken satay with spicy peanut sauce is actually not difficult. The ingredients can be found in traditional markets.
This differs from the satay skewers in general . You will find a special flavor that makes addicted . Your family loves it. Good work in cooking , because cooking is a pleasure in order to provide nutritious food for the family. Please try making chicken satay with spicy peanut sauce is delicious and savory.
Ingredients of Chicken Satay
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 stalks fresh lemongrass, thinly sliced (optional)
- Wooden skewers
- 1/4 small Napa cabbage, shredded (about 3 cups)
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 ounces snap peas, shredded
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more for grilling
Ingredients of Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1/4 cup light coconut milk
The food ingredients stirred in a bowl with 1 tablespoon water until smooth
How to Make a Satay ?
To make a satay, the steps are as follows .
- Whisk first fish sauce , lime juice , lemon grass , agave , soy sauce , ginger , chilli and garlic flakes ( makes 3/4 cup ) . Then pour 1/2 cup seasoning into a shallow baking dish , reserve the remaining 1 /4 cup . Furthermore chicken thinly sliced crosswise , with your knife a little on the diagonal . Add chicken to the pan seasoning , cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours .
- After that strain the reserved marinade into a large bowl , toss with vegetable oil . Add shredded cabbage , peas and cilantro , cover with plastic and refrigerate until ready to serve .
- The third step preheat grill or grill pan to medium – high , about 24 skewers soak in water for 20 minutes . Thread chicken onto skewers . Lightly oil the grill grates , grilled chicken or grill in batches until cooked through , about 3 to 4 minutes per side . Stir slaw , chicken and serve with spicy peanut sauce . Satay chicken ready to be enjoyed
* The chicken satay can be served to 6 servings